This was suggested to me by a friend to fill out and I thought it was a good idea. Sometimes we need to take time out and remember the things that make us happy. Anyone who wants to is welcome to try filling this out. I bet you can come up with fifty simple pleasures!
1) The companionable silence between my partner and I while we do things in the same room.
2) The fact that she knows what I am thinking without me having to say it.
3) Spending time with my adult children
4) Seeing my children make a success of life
6) Getting acceptance letters from publishers
7) Royalty checks
8) Hearing from readers about my books
9) Chatting for hours with a good friend over coffee
10) Walking barefoot on the beach
11) Sitting by a lake, reading
12) Reading a good book
13) Eating chocolate
14) Messing around on facebook, twitter, xanga and any of a hundred networking sites.
15) Having a massage
16) My cat bumping her head against my legs when she’s feeling smoochie
17) Green grass
18) Blue skies
19) The mountains I see outside my kitchen window
20) The smell of fresh baked bread
21) Cooking something for the first time and it turns out well
22) Seeing other people enjoy what I cook
24) Browsing shop windows without buying
25) Watching a good movie with someone I love
26) Feeling clean
27) Cleaning my kitchen and the sense of accomplishment when it’s done
28) Fruit Smoothies
31) Walking through a rainforest
32) The smell of freshly mown grass
33) Watermelon on a hot day
34) Getting email from a friend
35) Getting a card from a friend on my birthday or at Christmas
36) Chatting online with my pals
37) The feeling of relief when my allergy meds kick in!
38) A no or low pain day
39) eating something healthy
40) Eating something not so healthy
41) Ice cream sundaes
42) Red Door Perfume
43) Loving women
44) Being true to myself
45) Watching mama birds with their chicks
46) Listening to chickens ‘chat’ to each other
47) Rain on the roof when I am in bed
48) Watching lightning (as long as I am safe indoors)
49) Watching my cat run around and act the fool when she’s excited.
50) Being alive